With bridal season in full swing we love this sleek take on the fishtail braid from Skyler McDonald at seanhanna – perfect for wedding guests, bridesmaids or even the bride herself!
1) Prep the hair and divide into two equal sections on the side of the head
2) Take a small strand from section 2
3) Cross this strand over and join the strand to section 1.
4) Repeat this on the opposite side, taking a strand from section 1, crossing over and joining to section 2.
5) The effect should look like this, the strands are on the inside of the two sections.
6) Continue this to create the fishtail braid
7) Once complete, pull the braid slightly to create a more texture fishtail braid. Secure with a small, clear band.
Hair by Skyler McDonald (seanhanna)
Photographer: Sean Hanna
Art Director: Skyler McDonald